NO: 17-05 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Mission Notice No: 17-05 Date: December 21, 2016
All U.S. Mission Locally Employed Staff (LES) – All Agencies
Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply
All Zimbabwean citizens or legal Zimbabwean permanent residents, with the required visa/permit to work and live in the country (proof of paperwork will need to be provided)
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Office: Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA), USAID/Zimbabwe
Position Grade: FSN-7
Salary Range: US$ 24,041 – US34,861 basic salary grade range
The U.S. Mission in Zimbabwe provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Opening Date: December 21, 2016
Closing Date: January 4, 2017 (1700 hours local time)
Work Hours: Full time; 40 hours per week
Basic Description of the Position:
The primary function of this position is to provide basic secretarial and administrative support services for the Office of Acquisition and Assistance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant performs the following duties:
1. Administrative Responsibilities: 50%
• Provides the full range of secretarial services including managing the calendar, screening phone calls, receiving and screening visitors, receiving and screening incoming mail and documents, making official travel arrangements and reservations, filing, records management, and other related secretarial duties.
• Manages procurement planning spreadsheet and work tracker that lists all active actions and tracks them from start to completion.
• Takes and distributes notes for meetings.
• Ensures that office equipment such as computer, printer, UPS…etc. is in working condition. Reports any issues.
• Ensures that the offices are neat and organized. Requests for services required through the work order services program.
• Ensures that the office has adequate necessary expendable supplies.
• Assists with the coordinating and the logistical set up of meetings, workshops, field trips including meeting room, meals, travel and hotel arrangements.
• Receives, screens, and ensures correct distribution of mail, attaching relevant background material. Reviews outgoing mail for proper address, routing and attachments prior to transmission. Records, tracks and properly distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence. Manages Contracting Officer’s inbox and ensures priority items are appropriately flagged.
• Assists with various department specific administrative functions such as assistance in the preparation of contracts and grants and completion of different forms and reports. Maintains a folder of frequently used Mission forms as well as key documents.
• Drafts correspondence for Contracting Officer’s signature as well as drafts memos and other documents related to office activities.
2. Filing and Close out Responsibilities 50%
• Establishes and maintains files for the office, including the maintenance of all Agency Secure Image and Storage Tracking (ASIST) filing, utilizing current USAID guidelines for file naming and storage.
• Assists with award closeouts.
A. Education: Two years of college required.
B. Experience: 3 years of secretarial/administrative work experience in a professional office environment required.
C. Language Proficiency: Level 3 English (good working knowledge of the written and spoken language) is required.
D. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of agency procurement, filing, and closeout procedures. Incumbent must have knowledge of standard office management procedures. Incumbent must have tact, courtesy, patience, adaptability, resourcefulness, and cooperativeness, due to the fact that administrative staff must interact with all Mission staff. Proven, demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to work calmly, tactfully and effectively under tight deadlines and heavy workload within agreed upon parameters with minimal supervision or guidance and while exercising sound judgment is required. Incumbent must have proven ability to communicate quickly, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing in English. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to manage administrative issues and interact with OAA colleagues, implementing partners and other Mission offices. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is a must. Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) are required.
Scoring of the selection criterion detailed above will be done through a written and oral interview.
Interested applicants must address all the above qualifications in their application. An application should be addressed to the Human Resources Office and include:
1. An application letter, detailing how the applicant meets the above qualifications. Please type in the letter your response to each item, e.g. Education, and state how you meet the requirement. Failure to do this will result in you not being shortlisted. Your letter must address each of the qualifications listed above.
2. A current resume relevant to the position (no more than 2 pages)
3. Any other documentation that addresses the qualification requirements of the position listed above.
After an initial application screening, the best qualified applicants will be invited to a testing process, which includes a written exercise and oral interview.
The final phase of the selection process is the probationary period of one year. Medical and security clearances are also required before employment can begin.
Please note: only short listed candidates will be contacted with the results of the final selection. If you do not hear back from us by March 20, 2017 you were not shortlisted. Due to the great number of applications received, we are not able to contact each applicant.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION:
Both email and hand delivered applications are accepted. Please submit email applications via email to: email@example.com.
Please note: Applications should not be more than 1mb in size if emailed.
Applications can also be hand delivered or by courier to:
No 1. Pascoe Avenue
Sent via the postal service to:
P.O. Box 6988
Please indicate Reference: 17-05 Administrative Secretary (OAA) in the subject line of the application e-mail and in the subject line of your application letter.
Applicants who fail to follow all the application requirements stated above will not be short listed.
Applications should be received no later than 1700 hours (local time), January 4, 2017.
For any queries, contact the HR Office on 252420 Ext. 235 or 256.