Organization: Lutheran World Federation
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 06 Mar 2017
Under the guidance and direction of the Deputy Head teacher (Kaya Secondary School), the Secondary School Teacher will substantially contribute to the effective learning of students, motivating and inspiring students so they can reach their fullest potential in curricular and non-curricular activities. This includes preparing pupils for secondary school leaving examinations.
The Secondary School Teacher under the guidance of the Deputy Headteacher will ensure the implementation of the South Sudan Secondary Syllabus and maintain documentation in accordance with Kaya Secondary School policies and LWF South Sudan guidelines and procedures.
LWF is looking for Physics and mathematics (I); History and Geography (1); Commerce & Geography (1); English & Literature (1) Biology & Chemistry
Position type: Secondary School Teacher
Number of Positon: 4 (Four)
Report to: Deputy Head Teacher
Duty Station: Maban
Contract type: Fixed term with possibility of extension depend on funding & performance
Employment start date: ASAP
Salary: According to LWF salary policy – Non negotiable
Advert Closing deadline: 6th March, 2017
LWF has worked in Maban County since September 2012 and currently is the service provider for Education and Child Protection in Yussif Batil, Gendrassa and Kaya refugee camps.
Kaya Secondary School is a day school for the host community and refugees situated in Maban County. It is an English language school where Arabic is taught as a subject. Kaya Secondary School is a newly opened secondary School in 2017. Kaya Secondary School’s moto, vision and mission statement are:
· Education is our priority
· To be the centre of quality product that will meet the needs of dynamic global society
· Empowering and developing the young people for realization of their potential talents that would contribute towards equitable development where peaceful coexistence prevails
Teaching and Lesson Planning;
§ Attend to lessons assigned to him/her regularly;
§ Ensure that there is proper documentation for attendance (class registers) for your designated classes;
§ Prepare adequately and appropriately professional teaching documents such as the Scheme of Work, Lesson Plans, Lesson Notes, Records of Work Covered and Learners Progression Records. These records will be checked by the Deputy Headteacher and/or Headteacher;
§ Use teaching techniques encompassing both child centred and teacher centred learning methodologies;
§ Responsible for ensuring items which are distributed during classes are returned at the end of class and shared items do not going missing from the classroom;
§ Prepare and submit reports of his/her class to the Deputy Headteacher and/or Headteacher when required;
§ Sets examinations, marking and analysing the results for submission to the Deputy Headteacher by an agreed timeframe.
§ Keep accurate records of student’s progress (i.e. examination results) and compiling this on a termly basis for submission to the Deputy Headteacher;
§ Report issues of irregular attendance to the Deputy Headteacher;
§ Work with the Deputy Headteacher and Headteacher to organise mobilisation campaigns at Yussif Batil Secondary School and in the local communities to increase enrolment and support regular attendance;
§ Maintain discipline in the school and adhere to school rules and regulations;
§ Ensure that all urgent education issues are discussed with the Deputy Headteacher and/or Headteacher immediately.
§ Ensure that there is absolutely zero tolerance for corporal punishment, abuse or aggression.
- The Secondary School Teacher does not manage any staff but is expected to provide a leadership role within the school, inspiring and motivating children;
- Secondary School Teachers are expected to support with the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) and Student Bodies in the School;
§ Attend all meetings as organised by the Deputy Headteacher and/or Headteacher of Yussif Batil Secondary School
§ Organises and participates in co-curriculum activities (e.g. sports clubs, journalist clubs, environmental clubs, debating clubs)
§ Coordinate closely with the Deputy Headteacher regarding donor and media visits to Yussif Batil Secondary School ensuring all the required preparation is completed thoroughly and on-time.
§ Highlights cases of concern to the Deputy Headteacher and/or Headteacher to refer children to the appropriate support services.
§ Perform additional tasks as required as directed by the Deputy Head Teacher or Headteacher.
§ Report any violation of the code of conduct and child protection policy of LWF/DWS.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Preferred diploma or degree in Education from a recognized institution
- Essential completion of Secondary Education
· At least 2 years teaching experience
- For the English teachers, excellent written and spoken English. For the Arabic teacher, excellent written and spoken Arabic. Knowledge of both English and Arabic will be an advantage
- Computer skills are advantageous
- Good understanding of the South Sudan Education System and Secondary Education Syllabus
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work under pressure and demonstrated resourcefulness
- Effective member of the Education Team and role model; demonstrates creativity in seeking better ways to do things and shares with team, and promotes high standards
- Takes responsibility for own work and can prioritize work under pressure
- Demonstrates developed communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team
· Positive and optimistic attitude and approach to work.
How to apply:
All applicants must send their application letter and updated CV and supportive documents attached in English to the Human Resource in Juba office by email address and hand delivered is not encourage please apply only. Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close by March 6th 2017. The interviews are expected to take place from March 10th, 2017. Due to the big volume of applications we are handling, we shall not inform unsuccessful candidates.
Note: LWF will review the applications on daily basis as it tries to get the most suitable candidates for the position and you will be advised on due course for the outcome. The advert will close before the deadline once we get the suitable candidates in pace.
Child Safe Guarding:
LWF is a child safe organization and is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including the right to protection from violence and abuse. We therefore, have particular responsibilities to children we work and come into contact with to keep them safe from any harm or risk. In line with LWF policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough criminal record checks. **