Country: United Arab Emirates
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
ARK Group DMCC is a stabilisation, development and conflict transformation consultancy that provide research-informed analysis and policy recommendations, as well as evidence-based interventions, in conflict-affected areas from the Palestinian camps of Lebanon and Yemen to Iraq and Syria on behalf of public and private sector clients. Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security, development and economic opportunity.
For the past five years ARK has been at the forefront of the regional response to the Syrian conflict. Working for governmental donors, ARK has supported conflict-affected communities on the ground. Programmes have included sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) responses and launching the programme of life-saving support to Syria’s Civil Defence teams. We have a highly dynamic, capable, multinational team with offices in Dubai, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, London and Washington DC. Our single biggest asset is our people and we are looking for a committed, talented and energetic human resources professional who can help us identify, recruit, retain, reward, train and safeguard the welfare of our people so they in turn can more effectively help others as part of ARK’s mission to mitigate conflict and promote stability, opportunity, and growth.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The incumbent, working within the ARK Group HQ based in Dubai, will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient human resource generalist function that is aligned with ARK Group’s strategic goals. The incumbent will be expected to successfully implement HR strategy and deliver, in conjunction with junior HR staff located in ARK offices throughout the region, an effective HR service within the Group. The responsibilities will include inter alia strategic organisational design in conjunction with the CEO, recruitment and selection, salary and benefits management, employee relations, talent management and retention, performance management, change management, skills and professional development, as well as the design and implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
• Recruitment and Selection. Attract, retain and motivate staff. Manage the recruitment process for employees and consultants ensuring that the right talent is identified and attracted and that ARK is incentivised as a place to work. Coordinate the advertising of vacancies, assess applications, laisie with head hunters as required and interview applicants. Coordinate and manage the orientation of new employees, process probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations. Analyse the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions. Manage the contracting process for employees and consultants. Ensure that the on-boarding and staff induction process is up to date and conducted by Country Managers and Line Managers.
• Skills Development. Identify training/skills/competency needs within the Group. Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line management. Develop a skills development plan for all staff within the prescribed timeframe. Ensure effective and equitable incentivisation within the Group so talent, skills and results (and not just experience and age) are rewarded.
• HR Reporting. Manage the HRMS. Compile monthly management reports as required.
• Performance Management. Implement performance management/talent management initiatives in order to ensure enhanced knowledge and skills sharing/transfer. Ensure that active performance management is practised effectively, understanding at an individual level the personal and professional aspirations of each staff member and ensuring those are relayed through a line and performance management system that is responsive. Oversee and manage the Probationary Period and Annual Appraisal Reporting System, thereby ensuring that goals are set for new staff and that effective mentoring and periodic reviews are conducted prior to confirmation of employment and that annual reporting is carried out effectively thereafter.
• Policies and Procedures. Develop, update and implement all HR policies and procedures.
• Budget & Cost Management. Set salary scales and allowances to ensure parity across the Group. Drive HR-related cost savings and manage HR budgets as set by executive management and working in conjunction with the Head of Finance.
• Administration. Maintain oversight of all administrative responsibilities of junior HR staff within the Group HQ and Country Offices. Carry out regular internal audits of the HRMS and HR filing system within Sharepoint. Manage the HRMS Payroll System and be responsible for forwarding final Pay Run Excel Data to the Finance Department within the required timeframe. Ensure a close working relationship with the Head of Finance.
• Core Competencies: Good planning, organisational, managerial, analytical and decision-making skills. Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people. Ability to train and use Initiative. Professional approach. Excellent administrative skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. People-centric. Flexible.
• Experience and Education: Degree/or Diploma in Human Resources Management and/or equivalent. Approximately 8 years experience as an HR generalist and and an additional minimum 3 years in an HR management role.
• Personal Characteristics: Excellent organisational skills. Attention to detail. Self-driven. Good communicator. Good interpersonal skills. Positive outlook on life. Assertive nature. Logical thinker. High levels of initiative. Work independently, with a high degree of responsibility. Work well under pressure and to deadlines. Fluency in English language and exceptional writing skills.
• Special Requirements: From time to time you will be required to work outside of normal working hours and visit project delivery locations throughout the MENA region.
Note: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this job. You will be required to perform all reasonable duties assigned to you or related or incidental to the proper completion of your job tasks. During a colleague’s leave of absence or peak work periods, you may be required to perform other job tasks upon reasonable request from your Line Manager.
How to apply:
Applicants should forward a Covering Letter with up to date CV to HR@arkgroupdmcc.com with ‘Human Resources Manager’ in the subject line of the email.