Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action – Polska Akcja Humanitarna
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 10 Apr 2017
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization employing people who want to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions of both humanitarian and development character have been carried out in 49 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Shelter. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH in South Sudan:
PAH has been working in South Sudan since 2006 as one of the first NGOs established in Jonglei State. We are a small team of committed individuals aiming at delivering tangible and sustainable change in the largest, most populous and most conflicted state of South Sudan. We are needs- and community based, hence aside drilling and repairing boreholes, developing accompanying O&M structures and innovative approaches to sanitation and hygiene promotion, we have also been developing our emergency response capacity. Our Emergency Response Team (ERT) mainly reacts to WASH and NFI needs of populations affected by conflicts and natural disasters, which have been on the increase for the past three years. Thanks to the expertise gathered over the years, we were also appointed to lead WASH Cluster in the state: we coordinate WASH emergency response with partners and hence make sure all vulnerable communities are served at the time of crisis.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in South Sudan is looking for an external Candidate for a Communication Officer. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
Objective / role of the position:
Main objective of the work for employees occupying the position; why this position has been created? What is its role in the organization?
Compiles communication materials from the mission, takes part in designing and layout of publications, reports and other information materials in compliance with PAH communication strategy
Possible promotion / development path within the unit
Tasks being performed on the position
1. Producing and compiling materials for external communication
· Updating Face book, Twitter and You Tube with current programmatic activities in cooperation with Communication Department in HQ to increase engagement and social media following.
· Write communications pieces (success stories, articles, blog posts, etc.) and create project presentations.
· Help the programme team & partners with their process documentation work: interviews, taking photographs, making video, etc.
· Ensure the quality and validity of information collected from the field and nationally.
· Edit and abstract project documents into articles for newsletter and the website.
2. Improve internal and external communication and ensure the quality of communication materials
· Ensure effective information flow among all staff, members and partners and stakeholders involved
· Provide support and technical direction to the staff working in the field, in order to ensure a consistent two-way flow of data and information from the field offices to project center
· Conduct photography, video making trainings and workshop for the staff
· Support the programme staff to develop information outputs such as newsletters, newspaper articles, website, flyers, briefing notes, short video films etc.
3. Photographing & Video Documentation
· Maintain and organize photo and video documentation
· Sharing knowledge and experience with other staff
· Reports regularly to supervisor
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
4. Leadership tasks
· Manages the Communication Assistant
· Recruits team members
· Monitors their performance and evaluates them
· Motivates and builds capacity of the team
Required experience and qualifications (minimal):
· Experience in particular sector 2 years in particular unit
· On particular position1 year
· Education field of education
Level of education:
· Training & qualifications Article writing skills required in English (Juba Arabic an advantage).
· Ability of using Photoshop, Publisher is required, other graphic design software’s (Adobe Illustrator, In Design) and movie editing software’s is an advantage.
How to apply:
Application Submission Criteria:
Please send a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the Person Specification along with your CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application to PAH Compound South Sudan Mission near Nile Fortune Hotel; Tomping, Juba – South Sudan.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line i.e. “Application for the position of COMMUNICATION OFFICER”
Note: due to urgent need to fill this position, short listing may take place before the advertisement dead line.
We appreciate your application however, only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful. _spdy"Ę3T^7