PROJECT HEALTH OFFICER X2 (PFIZER FOUNDATION)
LOCATION: GOKWE NORTH & GOKWE SOUTH
To provide field leadership, support and facilitate planning, designing and implementation of life course immunization programme for the marginalised populations in Gokwe with a major emphasis on community organization, participation, education in liaison with key stakeholders in line with WVI policies and philosophy.
- Facilitate the identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the immunisation programme.
- Enhance the sustainability of programme activities through ensuring community and stakeholder involvement and participation in the project cycle.
- Facilitate the organisation and coordination of meetings and workshops with community and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the use of various IPC platforms to enhance the uptake of lifelong immunisation in targeted communities.
- Develop the capacity of local community leadership structures for sustainable development.
- Facilitate training of faith leaders using the Channels of Hope Model for Maternal and Child Health.
- Strengthen the referral pathway for immunisation between the targeted communities and the health centres.
- Develop IEC material resources as per project design.
- Ensure the distribution of the material.
- Ensure adherence to specific grant requirements regarding the IEC material.
- Compile reports as per the reporting calendar, and on demand.
- Maintain an up to date database for projects activities and their status.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Social Sciences, Health, Public Health.
- 3 years’ experience in community work, preferably in charge of a district.
- Knowledge of accountability of resources
- In depth knowledge of project design, project management, project implementation is essential.
- Understanding and knowledge of community development.
- Ability to speak local languages