Organization: Qatar Charity
Closing date: 15 Jan 2017
About Qatar Charity:
Qatar charity is a non-governmental organization established in 1992 in Doha, Qatar, and working globally both in development and emergency relief.
Qatar Charity is committed to partnership principles; equality, transparency, responsibility and integration. It is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality and impartiality.
Qatar Charity is currently working in more than 70 countries across the world, and has field offices in 20 countries. Qatar Charity has a membership status at the United Nations Economic and Social Council (1997), a consultative status in the Organization of International Migration – as observer (2006), a member of the Founding Conference of the Arab Network for NGOs established in Cairo (1999), a consultative status at the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) (2013), and membership of the START network (2015). Qatar Charity is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief since 2009.
General Terms of Reference:
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Qatar Charity will be recruiting applicants for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist within its Executive Team for International Development. Position is part of QUEST Initiative for Education in Syria funded by QFFD.
Qatar Charity is seeking Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist candidates for an anticipated regional education initiative program “QUEST” funded by Qatar Fund for Development to support education programs for the benefit of Syrians inside Syria and in neighboring countries. The M&E Specialist will lead M&E planning and implementation, supervise staff and subcontractors with M&E responsibilities, facilitate collaborative learning and adapting.
· Design and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system for QUEST Initiative, including selection and tracking of specific indicators and targets; developing data collection methods, procedures and tools; data analysis; and regular reporting on approved indicators.
· Design surveys and train and supervise survey teams for baseline assessments and periodic data collection.
· Preparing monthly and quarterly reports to share his/her findings with senior management and other stakeholders.
· Visit the communities where the project he/she is assessing is located, and interview community members in the communities where a project is active.
· Lead collection of high-quality data to measure progress, track effectiveness, and provide continuous assessment of progress toward program targets and benchmarks.
· Monitor, review, and update the project Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
· Conduct internal data quality reviews and verify data submitted by country offices and subcontractors.
· Provide accurate data/information to meet all QFFD reporting requirements.
· Contribute to dissemination of results to internal and external audiences.
· Contribute to research design and methodology for project-related studies and assessments
· Represent QUEST Initiative at meetings and events as required.
· Conduct site visits to country offices and project locations.
Qualifications and Background:
· At least five years of progressively responsible experience in the monitoring & evaluation of international humanitarian and development projects, preferably in one or more aspects of education.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and translate findings into clear language that informs program management decisions.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in social sciences; statistics, or other relevant field; specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
· Experience in the Middle East area desired.
· Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
· Knowledge of Donors’ policies and procedures as related to M&E.
· Knowledge of evaluation methodologies and research design.
· Must be comfortable in high-level representational and networking role as well as interacting with local stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Arabic: proficiency in writing and speaking.
French: proficiency in writing and speaking.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly requested to send their applications and CVs to the following address: