Organization: Samaritan's Purse
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 21 Jan 2017
The Area Coordinator is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, and oversight of programs in Unity State. The Area Coordinator must ensure that all program designs and outputs align with Samaritan’s Purse’s strategy, donor standards, and local laws.
Description of Job duties:
· Coordinate all projects in Unity State in close communication with country leadership.
· Oversee all aspects of ongoing programs to ensure each program is contributing a significant impact through monitoring and evaluation.
· Manages and oversees all program and support related personnel in the geographic area assigned.
· Develop new program concepts to address the needs in Unity State.
· Ensure program operations are efficient.
· Serve as the security focal point for Unity State.
· Manage Human Resources in the area assigned.
· Monitor financial risk, reporting, and program budgets.
· Facilitate good community Unity State relations by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with church leaders, Government officials, the UN, and Non-Government Organizations.
· Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
· Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
· Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
· Bachelor’s degree; or 3 to 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
· International relief program management experience.
· Demonstrated success in leading large cross-cultural teams.
· Gifted with organizational skills and cross-cultural communication.
· Experienced in managing multiple programs.
· Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa.
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
· Understanding of local culture is essential.
· Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Arabic language skills a plus.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
· Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
· Disability insurance
· Term Life insurance
· Retirement savings plan
· Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
· Annual home leave
· Twelve vacation days per year
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit our website: https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/SSD-South-Sudan-Unity-State/Area-Coordinator–Yida–Unity-State_7825