Organization: Action Against Hunger USA
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 30 Nov 2016
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
providing technical support to teams in ensuring that Action Against Hunger’s strategic direction and focus on Food Security and Livelihoods, quality benchmarks and technical standards are incorporated in programs and projects.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Coordinate Food Security and Livelihoods program according to Action Against Hunger’s strategy and technical protocols and effectively manage teams.
- Ensure continuous analysis of the overall humanitarian context and define Action Against Hunger’s technical positioning.
- Provide leadership on Monitoring, Evaluation, Documentation and Reporting activities.
- Represent Action Against Hunger externally in the South Sudan humanitarian community and identify and assist in the development of new funding opportunities.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a minimum of a Master’s degree in International Development, Rural Development, International Humanitarian Assistance, Agriculture, Livestock or related studies.
- You have a minimum of 5 years work experience in similar setting and responsibility.
- You have experience in Experience in humanitarian settings delivering agriculture, livestock, cash and other livelihoods based programming, required in complex emergency and conflict/post conflict settings.
- You have experience working outside East Africa Region.
- You have experience working with migratory and/or agro‐pastoral populations.
- You have experience working with major institutional and UN donors and donor procedures (ECHO/EC, OFDA/USAID, CDC, etc.).
- You are willing to travel in the field and live in uncomfortable conditions when necessary.
You are very efficient leading processes
- You have experience designing and delivering training for national teams with low capacity.
- You have good management and coordination skills and ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- You are experienced in donor communications.
- You are self-disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You possess good coordination, diplomatic and negotiation skills.
How to apply:
To apply please follow the link below:-