Organization: Samaritan's Purse
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 21 Jan 2017
SP-South Sudan (SPSS) is Samaritan’s Purse’s largest field office, operating across 5 bases primarily in emergency relief to refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). As a critical member of the SPSS team, the Human Resources (HR) Manager, South Sudan is responsible for providing strategic leadership, human resource and organizational development support to the South Sudan office by providing oversight in all aspects of Human Resources across SPSS with aims of optimizing the organizational performance and sustaining the desired culture.
Description of Job duties:
· Develop, amend and implement HR policies, procedures and systems to ensure that organizational and operational goals are met in a timely fashion. Ensure that all systems and procedures are consistent with Samaritan Purse’s Field Operating Guide and the laws of South Sudan.
· Provide support to ensure that human resources policies and procedures are well implemented and adhered to by all staff within client area.
· Manage the payroll system in conjunction with the Finance department. Ensure flow of information with regard to changes in personnel positions, duty stations and remuneration package between finance and human resources in a timely manner.
· Ensure systematic and proper documentation for both national and international staff.
· Review the SP national staff policies. Update the HR manual, interpret and train managers and staff on new/amended and existing procedures, policies and guidelines indicated in the HR manual.
· Manage HR vendor relationships, such as legal counsel, health insurance, training and other contracts as needed.
· Act as the primary point of contact for all staff on HR issues. Coordinate with International Headquarters on International Field Staff related issues.
· Develop and maintain healthy relationships with the government and nongovernment organizations of South Sudan in the field of HR.
· In conjunction with legal counsel as needed, provide guidance on legal HR issues and represent the agency in regards to personnel issues.
· Maintain awareness of current events, changes in statutes and respond, as appropriate, to the changing legal environment of south Sudan.
· Liaise with SP field sites to ensure that their HR needs are being met.
· Identify complexity of employee human resource needs and either resolve or route to the country management and IHQ as well as following up with employees to make sure issues are resolved.
· Provide supervision and guidance to HR staff members on daily work priorities. Mentor and train HR staff to increase capacity. Handle any issues that junior staff members are unable to handle.
· Periodically conduct satisfaction surveys with employees to evaluate effectiveness of Human Resource customer service.
· Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
· Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
· Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
· Travel to field sites 15 – 25% of the time.
· Master’s degree (M A.) from an accredited college or university in Human Resources Management, communication, or related field OR a Bachelor’s Degree and professional certification (PHR, SHPR or IPHR); and ten years related experience and/or training in HR Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
· HR Technical skills, influencing skills, conflict management skills, counseling skills and organization awareness skills.
· Excellent skills in problem solving and conflict resolution, crisis management and training facilitation.
· Ability to work well within a team and build positive team spirit.
· Ability to pay attention to detail and work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to plan, organize priorities, manage time, and meet deadlines in an ever changing environment.
· Strong communication and negotiation skills.
· Skilled in information management and record keeping.
· Knowledge of Sudan labor laws is highly preferred.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, cooler temperatures as well as extreme heat.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
· Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
· Disability insurance
· Term Life insurance
· Retirement savings plan
· Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
· Annual home leave
· Twelve vacation days per year
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit our website: https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/SSD-South-Sudan-Juba/Human-Resources-Manager–South-Sudan_7798-1