Organization: Action Against Hunger USA
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 04 Dec 2016
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY …
ensuring that mission safety & security issues are effectively addressed, thereby allowing project teams to focus on their work tackling the root causes of hunger in South Sudan.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Collecting & analyzing security information from a range of local & international sources, & representing Action Against Hunger at security related meetings. Conducting risk & threat assessments whenever the context changes.
- Working closely with the Field Coordinators & Emergency Coordinators to define & evaluate the security rules & procedures for their projects & bases.
- Developing contingency plans to minimize each risk identified for the mission.
- Evaluating available security information about new locations where the Emergency Teams may like to conduct assessments &/or launch operations
- Conducting safety & security briefings for all visitors & new staff when they arrive on mission.
- Ensuring that copies of all security rules & procedures are kept updated & disseminated to all staff. DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re a seasoned humanitarian aid worker
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in logistics, security management, humanitarian action, international relations or a related field.
- You have formal security qualification or appropriate security management training in humanitarian aid organizations.
- You are familiar with field-based communications systems like HF Codan, Motorola VHF, Thuraya, satellite & internet systems.
- You have practical field experience in security management preferably in South Sudan or the region.
- You have security experience in insecure/hostile environments, preferably in an INGO capacity
You’re a very capable communicator
- You enjoy working with strong, committed teams, including colleagues who do not speak your language fluently and have experience working with a within a multi‐cultural, multi ethnic team.
- You are able to succinctly summarize & analyze current field activities.
- You have strong communication skills and report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Your work style builds trust & calm within the team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details.
- You are able to handle highly stressful situations with composure & are able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You are able to build relationships with external actors.
How to apply:
To apply please follow the link below:-