Organization: Save the Children
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 23 Nov 2016
JFSP Finance Manager -Jonglei Food Security Program
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The JFSP Finance Manager will be responsible for overall budget monitoring, accepted accounting practices, reporting and review of transactions for accuracy and compliance with internal polices and USG/USAID regulations. The Finance Manager works with the program operation teams, the finance and the award teams at Juba and field levels for ensuring that the program operation meets the SCI/donor requirements including the delivery of budget planning, monitoring, and reporting in a timely and quality manner.
On a day to day basis the program will interphase with the assigned Awards Coordinator, finance, logistics and program operation teams to deliver its role such as financial data processing in Sun/Agresso systems, review of transactions and financial reports generation for JFSP. The post will report technically to Finance Director of the CO with a dotted line of management to JFSP Senior Program Manager who is responsible to approve the program thematic transactions on regular basis before they are posted. The post holder is, therefore, responsible for identifying and reporting to the Senior Program Manager of JFSP all issues related JFSP financial compliance. S/he is responsible for supervising and controlling the CO's spending for JFSP and working with the finance team in Juba and field levels to ensure that the program budgets are utilized and monitored in full compliance with the donor(s) requirements.
Contract Duration: Three (3) months-with most possible extension
Location: 60% – Juba and 40% Akobo and Waat, South Sudan
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Accountancy from a recognized institution or other related field
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in grant compliance, auditing and financial management with at least two years on USAID/FFP or other USG Grants management;
- Knowledge and experience using various financial packages including SUN and Agresso systems
- Significant experience in financial monitoring, budgetary systems, and controls with strong analytical skills;
- Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial reports;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills while working in a dynamic, team setting in a challenging environment
- Willingness to travel extensively to remote and harsh locations to monitor financial processes and provide capacity building for staff
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Demonstrable track record in effective team membership and communications. The post-holder is a member of a multi-disciplinary team and will be required to provide appropriate and timely input to other technical sectors in order to achieve broader project objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively and work across departments, with demonstrated experience in integrated project activities.
- Familiarity and working experience in South Sudan, especially in Jonglei, would be an advantage.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'MKogi.email@example.com'