Organization: Education Above All
Closing date: 30 Nov 2016
EAC is a global program of EAA that aims to significantly reduce the number of children worldwide who are denied their right to education, to help provide them with opportunities to learn. EAC works with partner organisations toward its mission to trigger significant breakthroughs in providing out of school children faced with extreme poverty, cultural barriers, and conflict-affected environments an opportunity for a full course of quality primary education.
Operations department will ensure the financial, legal, contractual and budget aspects of EAC work are timely, accurate, and meet the highest standards of the profession to help EAC to achieve its business goals.
Role Purpose: Under the supervision of the Director of EAC Operations, The Agreements Specialist works in close collaboration with EAC technical and operations teams and provides support to EAC partners. The Agreements Specialist ensures a client-oriented, consistent and compliant approach with EAA rules and regulations. Provides support and advice on contractual, procurement and related agreements to ensure adherence to organizational financial, procurement, contracting and legal policies, rules, and procedures. Promote a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Partnerships and Agreements support; **
- Coordinate and facilitate the processing of contracts and partnership agreements as per EAC procedures and ensure the use of appropriate instruments such as Grant Agreements; Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) and Consultancy Agreements.
- Ensure all related activities are in compliance with the EAA/EAC Financial and Legal Rules and Regulations, and all other applicable procurement procedures.
- Identify priority activities and assignments; adjust priorities as required; develops clear goals and resources for completing work.
- Provide expert advice in drafting Agreements, MOUs, tenders etc. ensuring effective management for greater efficiency, accountability and contracts’ integrity.
- Serve as the primary document controller for all agreements folders, and ensure all partners’ reports (financial and technical) are included in the binders.
- Maintain records on official actions with each EAC MOU and Agreement.
- Support the overall management of EAC agreements and MOUs processes with particular attention to tracking, recording, transmitting, and displaying data and information.
- Under the guidance of the Director of EAC Operations, provide professional level support for the provision of reports, materials and other actions that contribute to the effective and efficient conduct of all EAC meetings and documentation.
- Contribute to the implementation and improvement of the existing Grants management system.
- Assist with coordinating contractual, legal and financial aspects of EAC work with other programme components.
- Contribute to a complete, accurate and timely filing system of all Agreements in both hard copy and e-copy.
Provide and implement accepted industry practices, definitions, budget cost categories and efficient processes.
- Monitor industry best practices and recommend changes to EAA’s policies and practices.
- Provide support and guidance to implementing and resource partners on EAA financial policies and practices.
- Provide support to fundraising initiatives by providing templates (including developing tailored templates, mechanism and process) to potential resources partners.
- Assist in the preparation of agreements and MOUs, including liaison with EAA procurement.
- Provide summary analyses of contractual statue of projects and other agreements for EAC and EAA leadership.
Education and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Operations, legal, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, or related field.
- Recognized certification in Project Management and/or data analysis will be an asset.
- 5+ years of relevant international professional work experience in procurement/contracting for high value, and complex procurement /contracting of services. Knowledge of NGO organisations is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in donor and philanthropic industry financial policies and practices.
How to apply:
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity, meet the above profile and want to make an impact in the lives of others please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 November 2016.