Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
Country: United Arab Emirates
Closing date: 19 Jan 2017
Digital Marketing Manager
Description of the Department
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Supervises: Digital Fundraising Officer
The Digital Fundraising Manager is responsible for maximising income from online channels, including the recruitment of new supporters and the development of relationships with existing supporters, using the internet and other digital distribution channels.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Strategy and Management
· Develop and implement an evolving digital marketing strategy with the objective of acquiring new donors
and developing and maintaining relationships with current ones; maximising all digital marketing
channels and online content, and integrating with offline communications, campaigns and appeals.
· Manage, develop and identify relationships with a range of external partners, creative agencies and
· Manage the digital fundraising marketing budget across all digital marketing channels in order to
maximise income and return on investment and optimise online donor journeys.
· Manage and continually optimise web advertising campaigns (display and paid social), from initial brief through copy and design development to final delivery.
· Manage the media planning and booking of all web advertising campaigns, working with internal
colleagues and external agencies to maximise ROI from individual and regular donations. Where possible develop campaigns which are integrated with other marketing and media channels.
· Manage fundraising e-mail campaigns and e-mail platform. This includes scheduling of activity, targeting (in collaboration with fundraising), commissioning content and selection of imagery and multimedia (in collaboration communications), layout and design. Acquiring new email subscribers (who can become donors) is a major focus.
Analysis and Initiative
· Continuously monitor and report on strategy, campaigns and the MSF UAE website to ensure that set objectives, targets and return on investments ROI are being met; implement and advise changes if not – knowledge of Google Analytics and the ability to report to internal stakeholders is essential.
· Build networks with key individuals in MSF, specifically digital marketing, fundraising, optimisation and web development in order to gain knowledge, expert advice and assistance.
· Identify opportunities across all digital marketing channels, identifying options that can target new
audiences, increase income and deliver strong return on investments from individual and regular
Planning and Organisation
· Manage and continually optimise paid search campaigns in Google, and other relevant platforms, to drive quality traffic and maximise the number and value of individual and regular donations made online, meeting expenditure, income and return on investment targets.
· Keep up to date with industry innovation and development, testing new channels, content and
messaging, where possible, to ensure that the correct mix is implemented – keep up to date with
developments and trends in digital / digital marketing / fundraising / non-profit sector.
· Continuously develop and manage optimisation and multi-variate testing plans that covers digital
marketing channels and MSF UAE online; study results and implement changes based on these.
· Ensure MSF UAE online, social channel and email sign-up are promoted across all online and offline
· Manage the Digital Marketing Officer as part of the Fundraising Team, including recruitment, coaching, appraisals and quality supervision, in line with MSF UAE policies and management practices.
· Provide marketing support and advice to other departments in MSF UAE as required. Be an active
member of the international MSF digital marketing working group.
· Work with the fundraising team to ensure that the routes to donation perform as effectively as possible
to improve conversion rates and to also identify and implement new online routes to donate.
· To work as a full member of the fundraising team and broader UAE team, and assisting with non-online
and on-line marketing projects for Human Resources and Communications departments.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is a must
· Experience of digital marketing in the not-for-profit sector, preferred
· Experience using Google Ad Words, Google analytics, Google insights, content management systems, and
· Experience managing the strategic development and delivery of digital advertising, marketing and
· Excellent project management skills
· Budget management experience
· Experience managing e-news platforms, strategies and mail-outs
· Experience of working with fundraising databases; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an advantage
· Ability to recruit and manage third party agencies
· Proven ability to analyse campaign results and recommend improvements
· Excellent awareness of industry best practice and a proven track record of innovation
· Excellent copy-writing and proof-reading
· Good image and HTML editing skills
· Good interpersonal, team-working and negotiation skills
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to carry out different tasks simultaneously and to prioritise time and resources accordingly
· Commitment to the aims and values of MSF and a willingness and ability to manage administration
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and not an exhaustive or
comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities and duties. Accordingly, the responsibilities and duties of the
job holder might differ from those outlined in this Job Description and the other duties, as assigned, might be part
of the job due to the organizational and operational needs.
How to apply:
Please submit your letter of motivation and updated CV by January 19, 2017
noting your NAME with VACDMM-01/17 in the subject field.
Kindly note ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.