Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
Country: United Arab Emirates
Closing date: 16 Jan 2017
JOB TITLE Office Manager/Reception
DUTY STATION Dubai
REPORTING TO Head of HR & Administration
OBJECTIVE The office manager/reception ensures smooth and efficient running of the MSF UAE Office in regards to office administration and reception, and some administrative HR support.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as focal point with Dubai staff office requests or queries about office functioning (mobile phones, printer, server, wifi, kitchen, MSF stationary & office supplies, mail & phone systems, parking & security, etc.).
- Liaise with the IT support company for any IT queries and needs at the Dubai Office, ensuring contract terms are adhered to and contract is assessed and renewed annually.
- Coordinate office security procedures including safeguarding stock of all MSF keys (office & cupboards) , responsible follow-up system for signing out and return of all such material.
- Coordinate and maintain the Office storage room and its content, in collaboration with relevant teams.
- Maintain supplies of stationery and office supplies by pro-actively processing orders of all office stocks and kitchen supplies; generating stock lists, recording consumption.
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs (printer, phone system, minor building repairs, etc)
- Keep a record of newspaper subscriptions and payments in coordination with HR/Admin and Comms/Fundraising teams.
- Maintain orderly system of filing all administrative documents and all official external correspondence, improving system as required for improved efficiency and retrieval of information when required.
- Maintain booking system for videoconference facilities, meeting rooms, etc.
- Organize meetings and take minutes when required
- When needed, or upon request support Executive Director in preparation of any required documents.
- Ensure professional and welcoming reception of all visitors to the office. Understand and provide routine information within specified policies and procedures regarding MSF information to inquiries;
- Answer the main telephone line, either responding to inquires or filtering and forwarding incoming calls. Facilitate office staff with outgoing calls or teleconferencing as required.
- Manage the general office email address in a timely and professional manner, ensuring all inquiries are responded to or forwarded as appropriate within 1 working day.
- Timely coordination and distribution of all mail via MSF mail pouch, post, local and international couriers.
- Facilitate receipt of donations (monetary or otherwise) and coordinate with Donor Relations Support
- Support the on-boarding of new employees with administrative modalities (briefing schedules, business cards, health insurance addition/deletion, desk set up) .Coordinate with Contact local IT Outsource and Paris IT for new employee IT setup.
- In charge of reading and responding to Arabic emails to our email@example.com email address.
- HR Administration support upon requests and needs from the HHRA.
- Participates in UAE monthly & quarterly meetings, and any team or department meetings upon request;
- Works in close collaboration with and acts as backup for the Administrator-Operations Dubai;
- Adhoc administrative support or other tasks may be delegated during times of low activity.
- Remain flexible to shifting tasks according the fluidity of MSF activities or priorities.
- Fluent in English & Arabic (oral and written), including reasonable typing speed in English
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, especially Microsoft Word & Excel
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the UAE in office management
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, establish and follow priorities
- Highly organized, able to follow and improve systems
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills, and able to represent MSF in an appropriate manner
- Pro-active and resourceful, results oriented
- Collaborative, constructive, team oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Flexible work approach
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities and duties. Accordingly, the responsibilities and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in this Job Description and the other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job due to the organizational and operational needs.
How to apply:
Please submit your letter of motivation and updated CV by 16th of January
noting your NAME with VACOMHR-0117 in the subject field.
Kindly note ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. When MSF witnesses serious acts of violence, neglected crises, or obstructions to its activities, the organization may speak out about this. For further information please visit www.msf-me.org**