Country: United Arab Emirates
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
ARK Group DMCC delivers stabilisation, development and conflict transformation programming in some of the most challenging locations in the world, from the Palestinian refugee camps of Lebanon to Bahrain, rural Yemen and Syria, where for the past five years ARK has been at the forefront of the response to the conflict. Working for governmental donors, ARK has supported conflict-affected communities on the ground. Programmes have included sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) responses and launching the programme of life-saving support to Syria’s Civil Defence teams. We have a highly dynamic, capable, multinational team with offices in Dubai, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, London and Washington DC.
As part of the Corporate Headquarters Team, this role will contribute to the strategic and operational development of the group across the MENA region. Build the capacity of project programme teams to manage contracts, sub-grant agreements and procurement needs in the field. Support project implementation by providing advice on complex regulatory challenges and contracts.
Tasks & Activities
• Develop and maintain procurement systems and policies to ensure coherence as well as compliance with industry standards.
• Advise Country Office staff in the development of specifications and Statements of Work (SoW), drafting of competitive tenders and evaluation of technical and cost proposals for the procurement of goods and services.
• Oversee implementation of procurement of goods and services ensuring that resultant Purchase Orders (PO), Service Provision Agreements (SPA) and Long Term Agreements (LTA) are drafted and executed in a timely manner in accordance with ARK Group policy and procedures.
• Provide policy guidance to programme staff and contractors in accordance with donor regulations.
• Advise the Head of Corporate Services on Logistic & Procurement (L&) staffing requirements and manage Country Office staff responsible for L&P processes in the Country Offices.
• Oversee ARK Group asset management and inventory in conjunction with Country Office L&P staff.
• Lead the implementation and improvement of IT systems to stream-line L&P processes in line with industry supply-chain standards.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• Over 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years in a management role.
• Demonstrated experience supplier contract management, preferably within an international donor and multi-national environment.
• Knowledge of international donor rules and compliance.
• Demonstrated experience of international procurement and supply-chain best-practice. ISO 9001 certification an advantage, and/or IACCM practitioner.
• Strong communication skills to develop effective relationships with project staff and budget managers.
• Strong project management skills, attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
• Fluent in English, knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
• Willingness to travel regularly in the MENA region.
How to apply:
Applicants should forward a Covering Letter with up to date CV to HR@arkgroupdmcc.com with ‘Procurement Manager’ in the subject line of the email.