Organization: UN Population Fund
Closing date: 15 Nov 2016
Purpose of the consultancy
The main purpose of the consultancy is to review the Midwifery Practice Regulations and develop the Code of Ethics for the midwives.
The review process will be managed by ZICOM with support from UNFPA
· An inception report outlining the methodology for the review of the midwifery practice regulations and development of the code of ethics
· Detailed draft report based on findings presented to the technical working group
· Revised draft of the e report on review of midwifery practice regulations and development of code of ethics in light of the feedback from technical working group
• Final report in MS Word and PDF formats
• Develop summary report for dissemination
• A stakeholders dissemination meeting
The review of midwifery practice regulations and development of the code of ethics exercise is planned from 28 November– 2 December 2016
Qualifications and experience of the consultancy
The consultant must possess the following professional qualifications
a) Experienced Health Economist or Social Scientist with public health experience and a proven research background and publications;
b) Demonstrable experience in midwifery education and practice
c) Demonstrable experience in designing, collecting, and analysing quantitative (costing experience desired) and qualitative research data, including development of research proposals and familiarity with the appropriate ethical clearance requirements in Zimbabwe;
d) Strong appreciation of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (including midwifery specifically);
e) Excellent evidence-based report writing skills;
f) Excellent communication skills with experience leading a research team;
g) Experience working in Zimbabwe or other countries in the region
How to apply:
Detailed TORs can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission of applications
Interested consultants need to submit the following;
· Detailed technical and financial proposal (either a lump sum cost for the entire task or a detailed breakdown of daily rates and any other cost to be incurred);
· A cover letter including fee and availability for projected time frame
· Detailed resume including professional qualifications
· Examples of previous work on similar projects and relevant work types of reports generated (to be provided as reference which will be verified).
Applications should be clearly marked “Review of Midwifery Practice Regulations and Development of the Code of Ethics”.
Applications should be sent to: The UNFPA Country Representative, Block 7, 1st Floor, Arundel Office Park, Mt. Pleasant, PO Box 4775, Harare; or by e-mail to email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is 15 November 2016.