Organization: UN Population Fund
Closing date: 07 Nov 2016
Purpose of the Consultancy
UNFPA in collaboration with NAC and ZNFPC would like to recruit a firm or institution to carry out a holistic review of demand generation materials and tools (including the monitoring and reporting tools) to adjust, update and develop them in accordance with the latest developments in health. The firm or institution should have two lead consultants, one focusing on the home visit materials and tools and the other on the youth materials and tools. Assessment of the submission will be based on the qualifications of the two lead consultants.
Scope of Work
· Prepare and present an inception report detailing consultant’s understanding of the TORs, methodology, processes and timelines for the assignment
· To conduct a review of the current demand generation materials, monitoring and reporting tools for: home visits, Sista2Sista clubs, youth peer education and community dialogue.
Duration of assignment
The consultancy will be for from November to December 2016 with a possibility of extension to March 2017.
Qualifications of Consultants**
The consultants must possess the following attributes
· An experienced Social Scientist with public health experience or related field
· Minimum qualification of Master’s Degree in Public Health or Social Science
· Strong appreciation and provable in-depth understanding of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights including GBV, HIV and maternal health
· Strong demonstrable appreciation for community interventions that address SRHR (including GBV), HIV and maternal health
· Demonstrable experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of community intervention
· Strong writing skills and experience in development of programming tools, training manuals and guidelines or any resource materials used by community based workers
· Experience in Zimbabwe and/or other countries in the region;
· Good interpersonal skills and experience in conducting research about sensitive topics relating to sexual and reproductive health and rights, including HIV.
All applications must contain:
· Company Documents, Company Profile and Resume of the consultant with references (for each of the consultants proposed for the assignment)
· Samples of previous work
· Separate technical and financial proposals including suggested time frames/ work plans
· Undertaking of availability for the projected timeframe from November to December 2016.
How to apply:
Detailed TORs can be obtained from email@example.com
All interested firms or institutions should send their applications, indicating their understanding of the assignment (also to include cover/supporting letter and curriculum vitae with relevant traceable and contactable referees), clear marked “Review and update of demand generation tools”. Applications are to be submitted no later than 12 noon on 7 November 2016.to:
The UNFPA Country Representative, Ref: Review and update of demand generation tools, Block 7, 1st Floor, Arundel Office Park, Mt. Pleasant, PO Box 4775, Harare; or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org